Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Settlement Visas UK

Settled Status under EU Settlement Scheme for the EU, EEA & Swiss Nationals.

Can I apply for Settled Status under EU Settlement Scheme?

You cannot specifically request for the Settled Status when you submit your application under the EU Settlement Scheme in the UK. The Home Office will decide if you meet the requirements for Settled Status. If you meet the following requirements, you will be granted Settled Status:

The Home Office will grant settled status if:

You have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020 and
You have lived continuously for a period of Five (5) years in the UK when you apply.

How is Five years' Continuous Residence Counted?

When counting 5 years continuous residence, you should have been in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for five years in a row. You must live in the UK for at least 6 months in any 12 month period to qualify for five year continuous residence.

Are there any exceptions to the 'Five Years Continuous Stay' requirement?

The Home Office has allowed following exceptions under the EU Settlement Scheme:

You may be away from the UK once continuously for up to 12 months for an important reason,
Or, you may have to go for compulsory military service of any length,
Or, you may have time spent abroad as a Crown servant, or as the family member of a Crown servant,
Or, time you have time spent abroad in the armed forces, or as the family member of someone in the armed forces

Once you are granted Settled Status in the UK, you can stay in the UK as long as you like and you will also be able to apply for British citizenship, if you meet the eligibility criteria for British Citizenship.

If you do not meet the conditions for Settled Status, you will be granted pre-settled status.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Services Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us