Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Tier 2 & Tier 5 Sponsorship FAQ

Tier 2 & Tier 5 Sponsorship FAQ For The UK Employers

As a UK Business employing full-time employees, part-time employees, permanent employees as well as temporary workers, you will have various questions to understand the Points Bases Immigration System and how it applies to you. Every employer in the UK has to comply with legal requirements of Preventing Illegal Employment and must ensure that the UK Employers employ only those who have a right to live and work in the UK. Ignorance of the Rules will not be accepted as an excuse and all employers must ensure that they have a Statutory Excuse to demonstrate that they have appropriate Eligibility To Work Checks in place before employing any one and then the regular follow-up checks are made periodically.

Frequently Asked Questions About Tier 2 and Tier 5 Sponsorship

We are including some frequently asked questions related to Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsorship under UK Immigration rules.

Q: Who is a 'Settled Person' in the UK?

A. A "settled person" or "settled worker" is a person who:

  1. is a national of the UK i.e. British Citizen;
  2. is a national of European Economic Area i.e. "EEA" or Switzerland with a right of residence in the UK;
  3. is a British overseas territories citizen, except those from Sovereign Base Areas in Cyprus.
  4. is a Commonwealth citizen who was allowed to enter or to remain in the UK on the basis that a grandparent was born here;
  5. is having 'Right of Abode'
  6. has settled status in the UK or has Indefinite Leave To Remain in the UK,
  7. does not have any time or work related restrictions attached to stay in the UK

We will keep adding more questions and answers to this page, so please bookmark this page and keep visiting regularly. If you have any queries which are not included in this section or in other sections of this site, please contact us.

How HSMP Services can help you?

If you are a UK employer, considering to sponsor / employ migrant workers or an education institution, considering to recruit studentsfrom outside the EEA nations and Switzerland, you will need to apply for Sponsorship License under appropriate Tier of Points Based System of UK Immigration. We can check and assess your documents to assess if you are eligible to apply as a sponsor. We can help you with Sponsorship application, Sponsorship Extensions, Requesting CoS / CAS Quota and Assigning CoS / CAS, Immigration Compliance Audit and all related matters for Sponsors.

Please contact us today to fix an appointment to discuss your eligibility and application requirements.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Services Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us