Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Student Route Visa UK

Points Based Student Route for Coming to Study in the UK

New Points Based Student Route will replace the current Tier 4 Student Visas for the UK.

Students will require a total of 70 points to qualify under new student route. Students will be granted entry clearance if applying from outside the UK or will be granted leave if applying from within the UK. Points are non-tradeable and will be awarded for meeting the requirements of the route as set out by the UKVI.

50 points will be awarded when a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is issued by approved educational institution / university on the Register of Sponsors for Students (currently Register of Sponsors for Tier 4).

CAS will include the details of Course of Study and its requirements including level of study and qualification requirement.

UK wants to retain the brightest and the best students to continue to contribute to the UK after they successfully complete their studies (post-study). For this purpose New Graduate Route will be launched in Summer 2021 to allow to stay in the UK for two years (three years for PhD graduates). Graduate Route will be similar to Tier 1 Post-Study Work Visa.

Graduate Route will allow those students to switch who have completed a degree at a UK Higher Education Provider who has a track record of compliance of immigration rules. Once you switch to Graduate Visa you can work at any skill level and you can switch into work routes if they find a suitable job.

Please visit Points Calculator for UK Student Visas to find out if you will meet the student route requirements.

HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. can help you at each step in your process for a successful student visa application for the UK. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further information.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us