Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Dependent Child Visa UK

Apply Dependant Visa for a Child or Register as a British Citizen.

Immigration status of children under 18 depends upon the immigration status of the parents.

Your child would acquire British Citizenship at birth if your child was born in the UK, after the parents were granted the indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK.

If your child was born before you were granted the ILR, the child may be able to apply for ILR at the same time as you apply for the ILR.

However, if both the parents do not have the settled status in the UK, you will need to apply for a dependant visa for your child. If one of the parents has indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you can apply for ILR for your child.

If the parents have Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will need to apply for your child under the EUSS or apply for a family permit.

If both the parents are British Citizens and if the child is born out of the UK, the child will be a British Citizen if at least one of the parents can pass on their citizenship to the child.

Because of all these possibilities, it sometime becomes a little complicated to decide which visa to apply for your dependent child.

However, if both the parents have only limited leave to remain in the UK i.e. if both the parents are not settled in the UK, you will need to apply for the dependant visa for your child. So, if you are in the UK under Student Visa or as a Skilled Worker, you will need to apply for a dependant visa for your child. In such cases the visa will be granted up to the expiry date of your visa and you will need to pay appropriate visa fee and immigration health surcharge.

If you do not have any plans to travel outside the UK before expiry of your current visa, you may include the child born in the UK as dependant when you apply for your next extension.

If you have any questions or need more information about dependant visa or British citizenship of your child, please contact HSMP Services Ltd. OISC Registered Immigration Advisors on 0203 637 4111 or by email at [email protected]

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Services Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us