Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Student Route Visa UK - FAQ

FAQ For Points Based Student Route For Coming To Study In The UK.

Get Answers To All Your Questions About UK Student Visas For Higher Studies.

New Student Route for International Students has opened on 5 October 2020 earlier than the planned date of 01 January 2021.Student visas will be open for the EU, EEA and Swiss citizens in the same way as non-EEA students.

The Student Route and Child Student Route of the UK's new points-based immigration system will replace current Tier 4 General Student and Tier 4 Child Student visas.

You must score a total of 70 points from:

  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) must meet all the following:
    • Course requirement
    • Approved qualification requirement
    • Level of study requirement
    • Place of study requirement
    - 50 points
  • Financial Requirement or Maintenance Fund
    - 10 points
  • English Language requirement
    - 10 Points

You cannot switch into student category if you are in the UK as a Visitor, Short-term Student, Parent of a Child Student, Seasonal Worker, as a Domestic Worker in a Private Household, or are granted permission outside the Immigration Rules.

The UK Government has announced a new Graduate Route Visa route which will allow you to stay in the UK for two years if you have completed a bachelor degree at a UK Higher Education provider. If you have completed a PhD degree you will be allowed Graduate Visa for three years.

If you have any other question about the UK Student Visa, please do not hesitate to contact us. If your question is relevant to this points based visa scheme, we will add it here for the benefit of other international students.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us