Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Student Sponsorship Requirements

Sponsorship Requirements for Students Coming to the UK for Higher or Further Studies

New Points-based Student Route has replaced old Tier 4 Student Visas.

The UK Government announced the new points based student route which went live on 5th October 2020, much ahead of originally announced 01 January 2021.

If you are 16 or over and wish to come to the UK for higher studies or further studies, you can apply for a student visa.

The first and most important requirement to qualify for the student visa is to have a Sponsorship by a licensed student sponsor which is also called 'CAS' - Certificate of Acceptance for Studies.

This requirement for a CAS from a licensed sponsor is to make sure that the educational institution i.e. University or the College is meeting the regular immigration compliance requirements and monitoring the students during their studies in the UK.

This requirement will apply to the students from the EU and EEA from 01 January 2021, unless you come to the UK and start living in the UK before 31 December. If you start living in the UK before end of December 2020, you can apply under EU Settlement Scheme.

The registered and licensed Sponsor needs to make sure that you are a genuine student who wishes to come to the UK for the studies and also needs to make sure that you have the knowledge of English at a prescribed level.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us