Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Old Tier 1 Post Study Work - Tier 1 PSW

Old Tier 1 Post Study Work - Tier 1 PSW

This Scheme has been closed since 6th April 2012. This page is only for information.

Old Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa was granted after your completion of higher studies in UK under Tier 4 General.

Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa under PBS or Points Based System was introduced to allow international students completing Bachelors degree or Postgraduate degree to gain work experience in the UK after successful completion of studies.

Under the Tier 1 Post Study Work, you did not need any employer to sponsor your work permit. You could take up a part-time or full-time employment and you could even take up self-employment and contracting assignments. The idea was to offer practical work experience to the successful students after completion of their studies.

Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa was part of Points Based Scheme and you were expected to score Points to qualify under the scheme. If you were under International Graduate (IGS) Scheme or Science & Engineering Graduate (SEGS) scheme you were allowed to switch to Tier 1 Post Graduate Scheme if your IGS or SEGS visa was not for 2 years.

Tier 1 Post Study Work or Tier 1 PSW applications could also be made under Same Day Premium Service and we as your representatives could make the Tier 1 PSW application on your behalf.

While you were under Tier 1 Post Study Work visa you could switch to Tier 1 General for Highly Skilled or Tier 2 General or at the end of Tier 1 PSW visa you were able to switch to Tier 4 Student Visa if you wanted to take up further full-time study.

Under New Points Based System, a new Graduate Visa route is announced which will allow two years or three years work visa, which is very similar to Tier 1 Post-study Work Visa.

Please contact us for help with your Graduate Visa application or initial or extension application for a Student Visa.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us