Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Marriage Visitor Visa for the UK

Marriage Visitor Visa UK to Get Married or Register Civil Partnership.

Find out how to apply for marriage visitor visa for the UK.

If you want to come to the UK to give the notice of marriage to the local council or if you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK, you have to apply for Marriage Visitor visa for the UK. Marriage Visitor visa is for you if you DO NOT want to settle in the UK and wish to leave the UK after getting married or registering the civil partnership.

If you wish to settle in in the UK after the wedding, you will need to apply for Fiance visa first and apply for switching to the Spouse visa.

As per the immigration rules, you cannot come to the UK on a standard visitor visa and get married or register a civil partnership in the UK.

If you wish to come to the UK to convert your civil partnership into a marriage you do not need a Marriage Visitor visa. You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa.


  • You must be 18 or over when you apply.
  • You are in a genuine relationship.
  • You want to come to the UK for a maximum 6 months and you will leave before your visa expires. However, if you have not been able to leave the UK due to Coronavirus disruptions, you may be able to request the Home Office for an extension.
  • You have enough funds for travel, stay and event expenses in the UK.

If you have any questions or need more information about Marriage Visitor Visa for the UK, please contact HSMP Services Ltd. OISC Registered Immigration Advisors on 0203 637 4111 or by email at [email protected]

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Services Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us