Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Student Visa Other Requirements

UK Student Visa Requirements & How To Meet Them. Ask Us For Help.

Make sure you meet all the visa requirements before you apply for student visa.

Over 250,000 student visa applications were made in the year ended September 2019 from outside the UK and around 40,000 applications were made within the UK for extension of student visa during the same period.

UK Student Visa Application must meet following mandatory requirements for the grant of a visa or extension:

  1. Sponsorship from a higher education institution (HEI), which is a 'recognised body' having its own UK degree-awarding powers, or a body in receipt of public funding as a HEI. You must have a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a HEI which can be found on Register of Sponsors for Students.
  2. You must meet the knowledge of English Language requirement as prescribed by the Home Office.
  3. You must meet the financial requirement i.e. have enough funds to maintain yourself and your dependants in the UK. The financial requirements are calculated based on your first year (or full fees for a shorter course) and nine months living expenses calculated based on whether you will be studying in London or outside London.

Apart from this there are other requirements such as TB Test Certificate etc. if you are coming to the UK for more than six months.

What happens if your Student Visa Application is refused.

If your student visa application is refused for any reason, your visa application fee will not be refunded. If you have paid any Immigration Health Surcharge, it will be refunded.

It is therefore important to understand the requirements for the UK student visa fully and prepare well in advance. You can also use the Student Visa Points Calculator to make sure you meet the requirements.

If you have any doubts or if you need any clarifications, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us