Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Sponsor License Requirements for UK Employers

Sponsor License Requirements For UK Employers Under Points Based Immigration.

Are you hiring migrant skilled workers? Find out what changes under new immigration rules.

The Employer Sponsorship Licence is required by any employer looking to hire a worker through the Tier 2 for Skilled Workers or Tier 5 Temporary Work Permit programme.

In order to hire a skilled employee from non-EEA country, your UK business must hold a Home Office license as sponsor. To become a licensed sponsor, you must meet the specified requirements.

Eligibility Requirement for Sponsor License

  1. You must be a genuine UK Business operating legally in the United Kingdom.
  2. You must be a UK Organisation i.e. PLC, Limited Company, LLP or Sole Trader etc.
  3. You must not have unspent criminal convictions for immigration offences or certain other crimes.
  4. You must not have any history of failing to carry out your sponsorship duties.
  5. You must have appropriate 'Eligibility To Work' checks in place.
  6. You must have robust HR Systems in place to monitor sponsored employees on an ongoing basis.

There must be no evidence that your organisation or key personnel could present a threat to UK immigration control. You must be able to meet your responsibilities as a sponsor. You must supply the Home Office with all documents requested and eet any other requirements for the specific immigration tier under which your prospective employee will be working.

Please note that successfully receiving a sponsorship licence and being placed on the register of sponsors does not guarantee that the employees you choose will be given permission to enter or stay in the UK. Employees must meet the requirements for their visa and entry clearance, and remain compliant with the conditions of their stay.

How HSMP Services can help you?

If you are a UK employer, considering to sponsor / employ migrant workers or an education institution, considering to recruit studentsfrom outside the EEA nations and Switzerland, you will need to apply for Sponsorship License under appropriate Tier of Points Based System of UK Immigration. We can check and assess your documents to assess if you are eligible to apply as a sponsor. We can help you with Sponsorship application, Sponsorship Extensions, Requesting CoS / CAS Quota and Assigning CoS / CAS, Immigration Compliance Audit and all related matters for Sponsors.

Please contact us today to fix an appointment to discuss your eligibility and application requirements.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us