Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Sponsorship Requirements for Skilled Worker Visa

Sponsorship Requirements for Skilled Worker Visa

Skilled workers can come to the UK to work only if they are sponsored by registered UK employers.

UK employers must be registered with the Home Office before they can sponsor any skilled workers to the UK. All the UK employers who have Sponsor License under the current Tier 2 General scheme will be automatically registered under the new points based immigration system.

Currently there is a mandatory requirement for the employers to complete Resident Labour Market Test before sponsoring a skilled worker to demonstrate that there is no suitable candidate available in the UK who is free from immigration restrictions i.e. who is either a settled person in the UK or a British citizen.

As a registered sponsor, there are many mandatory requirements for compliance to ensure that only genuine skilled workers come to the UK for work.

If you are a UK employer interested in sponsoring skilled migrant workers and are looking for more information or help in making an application with the home office, you will find more details on sponsors section of this web site.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us