Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Spouse Visas for the UK

Spouse or Partner Visa for the UK after Marriage or Civil Partnership.

Apply for Spouse Visa or Partner Visa if you are married to a British citizen or someone settled in UK or are a Civil Partner of a British citizen or someone settled in the UK.

If you are outside the UK and married to a British citizen or a person with an ILR i.e. permanent settlement, you can apply for a family visa to live with your spouse or partner in the UK.

It is a mandatory requirement that you and your partner must be at least 18 years old.

You may also be able to apply for a spouse visa if your partner has a refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.

You will need to demonstrate that you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK and can take of your financial requirements as required under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

You should have a good knowledge of English language to be eligible for a spouse or partner visa for the UK.

Switching to UK Spouse Visa or Partner Visa

If you are within the UK under a visa category that allows switching to the Spouse visa, you can apply to switch to Spouse or Partner category. If you are in the UK under student visa, most work categories or under marriage visitor or fiance visa you can switch to spouse visa within the UK. If you have any doubts or need clarification on your situation, please contact us.

Coronavirus and Covid 19 concession

If you came to the UK on a Marriage Visitor Visa or Fiance Visa and if your wedding or civil ceremony has been delayed because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you might still be able to request an extension or apply to extend your stay.

Your initial visa or leave to remain will be for two and a half years at the end of which you can apply for a further extension of two and a half years. You may be able to apply for permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain at the end of five years in the UK under spouse or partner visa.

You will need to pay visa application fees and also immigration health surcharge.

HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. has helped many individuals in applying for spouse visas, extension or further leave to remain applications leading to settlement and can help you in the visa process to make sure that you have appropriate supporting documents to meet the requirements.

Please contact us today to find how we can help you.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us