Sponsor Responsibilities Under UK Immigration Law : Sponsorship Obligations for Tier 2 / 4 / 5 Sponsors
Home Office assumes that you will benefit directly from migration as a licensed sponsor and, therefore, Home Office expects that you play your part in ensuring that the system is not abused.
Statutory Duties of Sponsors
To successfully apply for Sponsor License under Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5 and to maintain the Sponsor License you must meet sponsorhip responsibilities on an ongoing basis. These are as under:
- You must be a genuine organisation operating lawfully in the UK.
- You must have Key Personnel who are not having any unspent criminal convictions.
- You must have robust 'Eligibility to Work Checks' and HR Systems in place to meet your sponsor duties and responsibilities.
- You must offer genuine employment that meets the Tier appropriate skill level and appropriate rates of pay on an ongoing basis and you monitor the migrant worker on an ongoing basis.
- If you are a Tier 4 Sponsor, you must continue to offer the education courses at the level stated and you monitor that migrant student continues to meet immigration rules.
- Must comply with Immigration Rules and Requirements
- Must prevent abuse of immigration assessment procedure
Home Office may assess your compliance with the above requirements by visiting you before your licence is granted. UK Visas and Immigration officers may also visit you after a licence has been granted. Home Office may initiate / take action against you if they have any concerns that you are not adequately meeting your sponsor duties.
How HSMP Services can help you?
If you are a UK employer, considering to sponsor / employ migrant workers or an education institution, considering to recruit students from outside the EEA nations and Switzerland, you will need to apply for Sponsorship License under appropriate Tier of Points Based System of UK Immigration. We can check and assess your documents to assess if you are eligible to apply as a sponsor. We can help you with Sponsorship application, Sponsorship Extensions, Requesting CoS / CAS Quota and Assigning CoS / CAS, Immigration Compliance Audit and all related matters for Sponsors.
Please contact us today to fix an appointment to discuss your eligibility and application requirements