Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

Tier 4 Student Visas UK

Tier 4 General Student Visas And Tier 4 Child Student Visas for the UK
(To be discontinued from 2021)

All non-EEA nationals who want to study for more than six months in the UK must hold a valid UK Tier 4 Visa / Entry Clearance / or other visa immigration permission that allows them to undertake the study in the UK.

If you have EU nationality or you are from Iceland, Liechtenstein Norway or Switzerland, you do not need immigration permission to come to the UK. You can enter, study and work in the UK without restriction.

If you have dual nationality, and you choose to come to the UK using your EEA or Swiss passport, you do not need immigration permission.

Who needs a Tier 4 Student visa?

If you are coming to the UK to study on a full time degree programme or a post-graduate programme and you have no other immigration permission or visa for the UK, that allows you to study in the UK, you will need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa. You can only apply for Tier 4 when your offer at UK educational institution is unconditional. You must also hold a valid CAS (Certificate of Acceptance for Studies).

If you are already in the UK with work permission you may be able to use this to study at Authorised Educational Institution.

If you have a General Visitor visa or a Business Visitor visa, you cannot undertake study in the UK and will need to apply for a UK Visa or permission that allows study.

Student Visitor visa

If you are coming to the UK for less than six months, you can study at an Authorised Educational Institution with a Student Visitor visa.

Changing Educational Institution / College / University

If you already hold a Tier 4 visa for a different institution, and wish to change the educational institution / college / university, you will probably have to apply for a Tier 4 visa for that Authorised Educational Institution before you can start studying with them.

How HSMP Services can help you?

If you are planning to apply under Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4, Tier 5 or for ILR (Indefinite Leave To Remain or Naturalisation / British Citizenship, we will be happy to offer professional help. We can check and assess your documents to assess if you are eligible to apply or when you would be eligible to apply. We are registered with OISC, UK as Immigration Advisors and we have been helping Highly Skilled Migrants in Immigration related matters since 2004.

Please contact us today to fix an appointment to discuss your UK Visa eligibility and application requirements

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Services Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us