Phone: +44 203 637 4111     Fax: +44 203 137 3366     Email:

UK Settlement & Citizenship

UK Settlement & Citizenship - Requirements & Applications

You can apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain or Permanent Resident Status in the UK once you complete required length of continuous stay in the UK under eligible categories. Settling means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions and you have full right to work or do business in the UK.

You can be eligible for Settlement in the UK or UK Residency after 5 years continuous stay in the UK under eligible work categories such as HSMP, Tier 1 General, tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Investor, Tier 2 General or Work Permit. You may also be eligible for settlement after 4 years stay in the UK under old HSMP which was applied for before 03/04/2006.

You can also qualify for Indefinite Leave To Remain in the UK after completing 10 years or 20 years (14 years earlier) under Long stay categories.

You can also qualify for ILR as dependant of someone who is in the UK under work categories or who is already settled and living in the UK.

It is essential that there is no break of residency during this period of eligibility i.e. you should not be away from the UK continuously for periods longer than the permissible absences during your stay.

Please note that stay under ineligible categories such as visit visa, business visa, student visa, IGS, FTS, SEGS, Tier 1 Post Study or as visitor is not counted towards the eligible stay towards Indefinite Leave To Remain or ILR.

British Citizenship

Once you have spent one year in the UK after getting your ILR, you may be able to apply to register as a British citizen. You may be able to register as a British citizen if you have another type of British nationality.

How HSMP Services can help you?

If you are planning to apply under Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4, Tier 5 or for ILR (Indefinite Leave To Remain or Naturalisation / British Citizenship, we will be happy to offer professional help. We can check and assess your documents to assess if you are eligible to apply or when you would be eligible to apply. We are registered with OISC, UK as Immigration Advisors and we have been helping Highly Skilled Migrants in Immigration related matters since 2004.

Please contact us today to fix an appointment to discuss your UK Visa eligibility and application requirements.

HSMP Services UK - Registered With OISC UK

Questions About UK Visas or Immigration? Contact us Today!

Whether you are an individual looking to apply for a UK Visa / Entry Clearance Application from outside the UK or Leave to Remain / Extension application from within the UK, HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd. will be happy to help. If you are an Employer wishing to apply for Sponsor License, we can help.

Contact Us